I bought the Floral Cow kit to try it out, loved it so much that I ordered 3 more!
Important things to note though.
1) Shipping does take a while, so be patient... it will eventually arrive. I think mine took 2 months the first order (Covid delays) and about 3 weeks for my second order.
2) Buy the paint brushes offered on the website, or order some detail brushes online, they WILL make a world of difference in the end product.
3) Buy an acrylic paint "flow aid" product to add to the paint. The paint is really thick, so you'll want to thin it out with a few drops of flow aid (don't use water it will dilute the color). A four ounce size of "flow aid", costs just a few bucks at any art store and will last you forever!
4) Buy small plastic paint pot containers so you can transfer the paint from the tiny containers into a slightly larger one. I buy .17 ounce size pots. This allows you to add the flow aid and mix without spilling over the container.
5) Buy a CLEAR gesso to treat your canvas prior to painting. This adds some "tooth" to your canvas and the paint will spread better. Make sure it's CLEAR not white or else you won't be able to see the numbers.
6) Buy some spray on gloss varnish to protect and seal your artwork when you are done. You have invested a lot of time painting it so you'll want to seal it so it will be beautiful to display.
I LOVE that the Paint by Number designs come on canvas already stretched on a frame. The quality is top notch. The end product is definitely something you can display with pride so take the time to get your tools and prep in order to guarantee a great end result.
Take the time while you are waiting for your PBN kit to arrive to prepare with the notes I've mentioned above. It WILL make a difference in your end product and is well worth the few extra bucks, really, I can't emphasize this enough, have the right tools to guarantee your success!
Above all HAVE FUN!! It's a great hobby and like I said, after my first order I ordered THREE MORE so I have them handy and I can just move on to the next one as soon as I'm done. Once I get to the last one, I'll probably order some more! :-)